[Spridgets] Pertronix and plug gaps

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Sat May 3 16:50:12 MDT 2008

Hi, big Bill....

Yeh....you can further open up the gaps but as you do, they'll require (pull) more from the coil to "bridge" the gap electrically.

The coil and wires are no doubt up to it but most of today's modern rotors (usually mfg. in India....el cheapo)  are not and may develop a "hairline" crack due to "overcurrent" as you open up the gap beyond approx. .028 (ask me how I know!:).

To prevent the possiblility of the foregoing, order a "known quality" rotor or two from
Peter C. who carries only the good stuff.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)