[Spridgets] No LBC, Les Paul

David Woerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Thu May 1 22:57:06 MDT 2008

FWIW:
For you music aficionados, Milwaukee's Discovery World Museum is
developing a new exhibit. When I was teaching I took classes for 12 day
trips on he Denis Sullivan while it was in Florida.  It's quite a place
and I'm glad they are honoring a fellow Waukesha WI boy.  Their web site
is:  http://www.discoveryworld.org/    No mention it about the exhibit yet.

Here's the announcement:
*One-of-a-kind Exhibit to Open in June at Discovery World! *

We are truly excited to announce a brand new exhibit, "Les Paul's House
of Sound," which will open at Discovery World in June. Les Paul has been
at the forefront of music, entertainment, electronics and technology for
nearly 80 years, and he got his start as a youngster right here in
Waukesha, Wisconsin. This summer, Discovery World will use Les' personal
collection to showcase the evolution of innovations like the modern
electric guitar and sound mixing.

Most people know about the Les Paul guitar, but many don't know that he
was a music and television star and a lifetime innovator who has
inspired musicians and non-musicians for generations. Our exhibit will
enable visitors to seek the inspiration and creative energy that have
made Les a pioneer and renowned artist for decades. Starting in June, we
will display inventions and instruments that nobody has seen in more
than 50 years. The spirit of ingenuity and innovation in Les Paul is
spirit of Wisconsin and Discovery World, and we can't wait to inspire
"kids" from 8 - 80 with this unique experience.

Here's a piece about it on our NBC affiliate.  You have to sit through a
Mazda 3 ad first.
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/18424889.html?video=pop&t=a&brand=mkevideo

OK, now back to changing the oil in Sprite and MGA.

Dave
59 :{)
05 MCS
Burlington WI