[Spridgets] Ford woes no LBC

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:26:20 MST 2008

I had the V8s so it may be different with the V6s.  The V8s suffered
from clogged EGR passages in the intake system.  Also, the COP spark
arrangement allowed moisture to foul the spark on the front cylinders
often.  Also, the timing chains are about 8 feet long, it seems, and
could stretch and lose timing.
I had a V6 97 but it didn't last very long, neither did either of the
2000 4.6 V8 motors.
You may also want to check the air flow sensor in the intake system.
I seem to remember some kind of cleaning process that helped with some
issues.

>"So new parts, same problem, what do I look for?"
A Toyota?

Cheers,
Derf