[Spridgets] Advice needed on hood problem

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Fri Mar 21 11:09:41 MST 2008

The hood on my '65 is "Sprung" - I can't think of the right word to describe
it...   ;-((
The outer skin is not fixed to the inside cross-bracing - only at the ends of
the "X" formed by the inside cross-bracing..
So  the skin is "lifted" proud of that bracing by at least 3/4 inch in the
middle!!.
So... at the the moment,  hinges are bolted to it using only the two outer
bolts on each side with spacer washers..
And when opening the hood, the middle of the hood scrapes against the
scuttle lip  ;-((

Any suggestions on how to fix/repair it would be welcome...
The only suggestions I have had are
a) either remove the hinges and use Dzus fasteners to secure the hood to
the fenders (this came from a Stock Car driver) or;
b) replace it with a fiberglass hood (this from my 'Pro Stock' obsessed
middle son!)
c) find another hood - which I understand is like saying "get some Hens'
teeth"!

Thanks in advance..

--
Dave G.   KK7SS