[Spridgets] serial number

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 19:16:46 MST 2008

lindalnhvt at nhvt.net wrote:
>  1. Where is the location the nuber is stamped on
> the body?

There is no chassis # on a Bugeye, there is a body number stamped just
above the right side pedal box blanking plate but it is 500 + - numbers
off from the chassis number.
The first Bugeye was chassis AN5 501 but the first body tub was #1
And the bodys although close to 500 off, did not correspond with the
chassis numbers.

> 2. Where can I get ta new tag made, once I figure out the
> number?

Clarke Spares will make you one with proof of ownership or Horrible
freight sells an $8 hand held letter/number stamp set. I have stamped my
own ID tags for years. And just like the originals which were hand
stamped. Vic Brit sells new blank ID tags and Just Ed might have them too.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ