[Spridgets] [Shop-talk] Floor Jacks

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Sun Mar 9 15:44:52 MST 2008

The Hein-Werner looks like a somewhat updated model of the 2-1/2-ton 1954
Walker that I bought rebuilt in 1971.  Can't tell from the pictures if it's
as heavily made, but it weighs about the same as mine.  It began to stick in
the 1980's or 1990's and I had it repaired, along with replacing the
universal joint on the valve.  That's it.  Never added fluid, never did a
thing.  And I think that when I had it repaired all he did was disassemble
it and reassemble it - he only charged me $20 or so.

I did spend $175 on it back then, which was a heck of a lot of money.  Back
then the cheap import jacks were just beginning to come out, and they were
similar in price to what I got, just far less beefy.  It's heavy, but it's
always been there for me, working as it was designed.

Highly recommended.

Karl