[Spridgets] Floor Jacks

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sun Mar 9 10:05:15 MST 2008

> Sounds like Sears sells cheaper made crap than Harbor Freight!! I've had
> mine for two years now, and it still isn't leaking. I've used it to lift
> anything from the Sprite, to a friends 3/4 ton Camper/Van.

OTOH, it sounds like they indulge in the same reassuring fiction as HF, too.
The HF jacks also come with a lovely diagram of parts. The store carries
none of them and the factory only carries a few sub-assemblies, each of
which costs almost as much as a new jack. If you lose the roller that
actuates the pump cylinder on the smaller jacks, one of the spacers from the
frontend lowering kit that you tried out and removed will fit just fine...
David Lieb