[Spridgets] Isuzu starter

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 07:35:27 MST 2008

That is an angle I hadn't considered. If it hits the ring gear from the
opposite side, then installing this starter, can prolong someone having to
pull the engine and replacing a worn ring gear, that won't work with the
Lucas starter.

Brad

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:16 AM, K. Valentine <kevin at valentinephoto.net>
wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I haven't tried one of these on any of my cars (yet).  So far all the
> stock Lucas starters have been working.   I have the info in my file
> in case I need it.
>
> Others on the list have used them successfully. I do know that these
> engage the flywheel from the opposite side as compared to the Lucas
> stock starter.
>
> Kevin.
>

> On Mar 6, 2008, at 7:48 AM, Mike/Donna Carpenter wrote:
>
> > Is this the same starter that is sold by Gustafson Machine and
> > Winners Circle and all of the other usuals?  Does the pinion gear
> > have the exact same number of teeth at the proper profile?
> >
> > I need to buy one also.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mike Carpenter

DON JULIO 1942