[Spridgets] Weather for LotO / MG2008

Jethro tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:29:56 MDT 2008

On 6/22/08, CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    <SNIP!>    Hook
> one lead to the stud where the power cable attaches and the other lead to
> the body of the started and depending on your car's ground ( + or - )
> appropriately touch to a good battery. If it spins you can cross the
> starter
> off your list.

Probably best to make the hard connections at the battery and then momentary
test connections at the starter.  That would keep any probable sparks away
from the battery.

I saw a battery virtually explode years ago in my great-uncle's car and have
always used the utmost of caution since.  Only has to happen once to make
for a really bad day!  Luckilly I was a safe distance away - my dad's cousin
and his dad were splashed with acid as the battery case split open.