[Spridgets] Rustoleum Paint

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 20:59:57 MDT 2008

Well,  I did'nt roll it.  I broke down and bought a HVLP spray gun.

At this point I have only shot the first coat, but I have to say I am
amazed..
I never thought it would end up looking so good.  The "out of the box"
gloss makes this paint very forgiving.  The downside is the slow
drying time.

The Rustoleum "Antique White" is extremely close, if not dead on, for the
Old English White.  I don't think I would have proceeded if I were not
convinced of this.

I'll see if I can take some pictures of it in the sunlight and post them.

I thinned it with acetone, about 15%.  I think on the next coat
I may try mineral spirits at 20%-30%, to give it more time to settle.

I'll let the first coat set up for a few days before I wet sand and then
shoot
the second coat.

Also I am sold on HVLP.    One quart covered the whole car with some
left over.   Very little of it went up in the air.   Sorry Frank, its a
Chinese
gun.  It's the only one I could find that had a CFM rating that my
compressor could keep up with.

I have'nt given up on the roller.   I will use it to do the undercaridge
floorboards etc...