[Spridgets] Sleeving master/brake cylinders - Stainless

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 21:07:07 MDT 2008

BUMMER SITE DEAN

  Others - DO NOT GO TO THE WEB SITE -  http://www.resleeve.com

  I got a virus alert - That says it can not be repaired...............Vigil

Dean Hedin <dlh2001 at comcast.net> wrote:
  No offense Gerard, but you have to back the " more corrosion issues with
Stainless than brass"
statement with some real data.

At the minimum I know that there is a greater galvanic potential between
brass and steel vs. stainless and steel.
Brass is also softer than stainless steel. I think that is an issue
especially in the clutch bore of the MC where
more wear occurs due to more frequent use and longer stroke.

The outfit http://www.resleeve.com looks to have been doing stainless for a
long time, and on a lot different makes.
I would think there would be a reason for them not using brass.

I am in no way critizing the work that Joe is doing not to mention your own
efforts...
Brass may be adequate and cost effective as per Peter C's comments.