[Spridgets] Engine pull

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 23:10:17 MDT 2008

Pulled mine by myself a couple of days ago in just under 2 hours. 4.5 hours
would have required many stops for tea and scones   ;-)
And I am far from and expert at this. The 2 hours included removing the
bonnet.  Didn't even bother taking off the carb and manifold or the dizzy.
They came out wih the lump.  Hardest part was removing the top bolt on the
clutch slave cylinder. Not hard, just awkward!

A question for the group while I'm at it.  I have a 3.92 diff I want to
install.  I also need to replace the rear hubs gaskets and O rings. What
size is the square drain plug on the banjo and are there any tricks to
pulling the half shafts and diff?

Cheers!!
Jim

On 6/14/08, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:

> Bill L wrote:
> >      and i don't think they start timing until AFTER they have the
> >      bonnet off the car... (CHEATERS!)
> >

> Who takes the bonnet off? That is a major waste of time.
> Pull the 8 bolts in the manifolds, set the carbs (still assembled with
> cables in place) on the wheel well, tie the exhaust (again still hooked
> up) to the steering column, undo a few bolts and pull it out.
> Takes about an hour or so.
>

> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29,
2008!!
For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>