[Spridgets] Bugeye values

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Jun 12 10:06:48 MDT 2008

I have not been looking for a Bugeye for various reasons I have mention in the past.  But there is one for sale within 10 miles of my house, the first I have seen close enough for a casual checkout since I started looking at Spridgets many months ago.  I don't yet know its condition, although it appears cosmetically reasonable in photos and is a licensed driver.  The car is located in Mercedes/Ferrari country, where people don't usually get their hands dirty, and I don't think he has had any bidders.

Given my experience with "Rusty Rip-off" and sequillae, I really don't need another car.  But there is a possibility that this one could be a bargain if no one is bidding and he wants to unload it.  I see a lot of high prices online, but few sales above $8000, some as low as $4000.  What constitutes a bargain for a daily driver and how can I judge that?  (I already know how to recognize a rip-off in pretty paint.)

I expect to go see it on Sunday and will have pictures and more information.  Anyone willing to advise please contact me off list.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY