[Spridgets] Jaguar Question

dmeadow at juno.com dmeadow at juno.com
Fri Jun 6 14:10:13 MDT 2008

I'm also looking at buying a used Jag, though XJ8.  Consumer Reports generally
rates the newer-era Jags at about the same as BMW for repair history.  Both
BMW and Jaguar are rated better than Mercedes.  Of course, you've go to factor
in the fact that Ford no longer owns Jaguar and you've got a new owner that
may or may not keep the same level of service.
If I were you, I'd think about a paying a bit more for a lower mileage car
that still has some warranty left.  Jaguar provides a 6 year / 100k warranty
on their Certified used cars.  They seem anxious to deal, too.
Check out this website for a benchmark for prices, etc.
www.texascarsdirect.com.

-- RampantNM at aol.com wrote:
I know it's off topic and I don't even own an ascot, but our local Jag
dealer has been advertising deals that look attractive for XK8 and XKR
models.
Currently has a 2003 XKR with 50K miles for $22,000.

I've got to say I'm tempted.  Anyone have any experience with these  models
and their reliability?

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
You are subscribed as dmeadow at juno.com

http://www.team.net/archive