[Spridgets] Where are all the L.B.C.s??

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Tue Jun 3 21:42:14 MDT 2008

> What I find incredible, however, is the dearth of classic sports cars on the
> roads of Southern California.  This, after all, is the land God created for
> them!  I have seen in the past few weeks one MG TD and one MG TD, and that
> is it.

  You are in the wrong part of S. Calif. in that case, my Singer was
parked next to a +4 Morgan yesterday and twice last week at UCSB, this
weekend my other toy FIAT Dino Spider was out having fun with me and
tomorrow the Dino will take its turn at works parking lot, probably next
to the Morgan again.  A really nice Moggie too, not up to speed on my
Moggie years but it has what appears to be its original BRG paint as its
pretty badly faded and it sounds pretty good, interior looks original
too, I still have not spoken to the owner and I rarely saw the car there
until last week, guess his daily driver broke and he is driving
something reliable now :)

> I did have one guy come up from my right rear and honk his horn, just like
> the good old days.   I guess he thought I was stuck up because I did not
> wave back at him and his Miata.  With the top up.   (Do they make tops for a
> Bugeye?)
 I have to agree, there are not as many toys as there used to be and now
that my Singer is sold (waiting for the money) it wont be on the S.
Calif. roads anymore, that just means I will have to drive the Dino more
often (some don't but I do consider the Dino a classic sports car).  By
Christmas the next Singer will be on the road with 2x4's for seats maybe
but driveable at least, that is the goal and since it is Spridget
powered, look out I will come up behind you and honk my horns and you
better wave back or I will think you are stuck up also.

 Mike