[Spridgets] Grand Poobah

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:09:22 MDT 2008

I am honored, but hasten to point out that "PooBah" is an inherited title
and cannot be conferred by election!

More on this later, but my vision for the Sprite - Midget Club USA will be a
lot less formal. All members will be known as "Presidents" with your local
chapter being the cockpit of your Spridget. Seriously, many clubs end up
with ego and personality troubles due to some hierarchy of "PooBahs" and I'd
very much like to avoid that. I envision a very loose organization
communicating via internet where everyone has an equal voice, no one has a
title, there are no dues, and there are no required meetings.  The Holy
Sprite project, the BusterCluster, and other OSHIT and SOS projects are
cases in point.  We didn't need no stinkin' PooBah to make them happen...
somebody stepped up and we all pitched in to make it happen!

Cheers!!
Jim