[Spridgets] Spridgets Window Sticker, take II

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:46:26 MDT 2008

I will say though, that I met many folks at LotO, that are on some group
called the British Car Forum. There seemed to be quite a few of these
"strangers" in attendance.
Though I will concede that THIS list is a unique group of individuals, that
have no equals, there ARE other large groups out there.
They just ain't as good as we are......

lol

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:50 PM, B- Evans <b-evans at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Jethro (JFoster) wrote:  "My understanding is that the
> spridgets at autox.team.net email address is only usable by list members so
> it
> would, IMHO, be better to include a web site address where interested
> parties could find and join us."
>

> I could not DISagree more!
>

> Some people do not truly understand how this group/e-mail address is
> totally
> different from any other Internet car list.   I believe there is a unique
> friendship among everyone who subscribes to and participates in it.   There
> is a camaraderie that is beyond any simple description.   Just look at the
> current project, Frank Clarici's "Holy Sprite" effort on behalf of a
> retired
> man of the cloth!   Look at how people are jumping in to participate in the
> joy of unselfish giving!  It is taking place at *this* e-mail address.
> Before that, there was the Lake of the Ozarks celebration that brought
> together a mass gathering of Sprites and Midgets, again a spontaneous
> outgrowth of kicking around ideas with people at spridgets at autox.team.net.
> Before that it was Ron Soave's vision of the BusterCluster (for which I
> will
> be eternally grateful).   These are to name but a few.
>

> Going further, there is an incredible amount of just plain "giving" or
> inexpensive selling of needed parts to keep these cars on the road.   And
> think of all of the valuable advice sought and given, all revolving around
> spridgets at autox.team.net .   Finally, just think where the original idea
> for
> this "sign" came from---yep, from spridgets at autox.team.net .
>

> No, Mark's spridgets at autox.team.net list long ago won its spurs and earned
> its rightful place at the most valuable part of the Internet for Sprite and
> Midget owners.   Joining it is not such an onerous task that others cannot
> join, and obviously a lot easier than to ask Mark to set up another
> single-purpose address.
>

> My one regret is that more Sprite and Midget owners in the Mother Country
> of
> England have not discovered and joined our group.
>

> Buster

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad