[Spridgets] SU's & Webers...

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Tue Jul 22 13:11:19 MDT 2008

Hi Bill,

I'm just using the stub-staks right now. I'll consider putting the stacks back on
when the engine has been set up per the book and I've solve the slight burning
oil problem....

As you know, the primary job of stub stacks is to reduce the air flow turbulence
before it hits the SU venturi and are supposed to be good for a 'free' 2-3 BHP
increase.

A secondary effect is to act as part of the "tuned" system formed by the intake,
combustion chamber  and exhaust...

When we were racing Mini's we found that, depending on the length, Ram
stacks were good for more HP and brought the power and torque in at lower
rpms'.
Ramstacks are really just stub stacks with a longer tube welded on... but make
sure the open end has a really good 'bell' shape on it... having the edges rolled
over is even better  ;-))

Does this help??

Also, if you are going to the ABFM, I'm looking for two bits to secure the
freshair/heater tube...
On page 77 of the Brit-Vic catalogue, I'm looking for the part numbered 46 and
the part above the number 53 in the diagrams...
If you happen to find them, I'd be more than willing to compenstae you for your
time. trouble nd expense...
Or, if you have a suggestion of how I can secure the air tube to the from mud
panel.....

TIA

Dave G

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

The Original Point and Click  --- Smith and Wesson....