[Spridgets] Head Gasket woes

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 20:16:16 MDT 2008

Another year, another head gasket blew.
Same spot, #2 cylinder and water into the cylinder.
Again, I have this low speed miss but it goes away at about 1500 rpms.
changed the plugs, no change, compression test showed great compression
but I could smell the coolant squirting out around the compression
gauge. Pull the gauge off and I can see coolant squirting out of the
spark plug hole.
At least it made it to Missouri and back before blowing.
So the next day it's under 95* out in the garage, I guess I have a small
project to do.
And this is exactly what happened in May of 2007, blown gasket @ #2 cyl.
So what am I looking for? Warped head? Twisted engine block? or just
crappy gaskets?
The 1st one that blew was a good one, this one was a standard gasket,
and no I do NOT want copper, I have blown EVERY copper gasket I ever
tried on 4 or 5 different Sprites and Minis over the years.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ