[Spridgets] Sunday, funday, parts harvesting

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jul 14 16:11:57 MDT 2008

What a perfect day! 100 degrees, no shade, and all the "free" Morris Minor
parts you can harvest.  I spent the day in the sun ripping out the windscreen,
steering wheel, gas tank and front and rear suspension off a Morris Minor
sedan.  The parts will eventually become part of my new Morris pickup.
Unfortunately, I could only harvest from the left side this weekend and will
have to go back next weekend to finish it off.  There was a LARGE active
paper-wasp next in the box of parts sitting next to the passenger door.  After
I grabbed all I could from the left side, I tossed a large rock into the nest
and ran like heck to the waiting escape car and took off.  Maybe by next
Saturday they'll be gone and I can finsih the job.  Anybody need a free 948
and smoothcase?  I won't ship, but I'll drag it home and hold it for you if
you really want one.  The condition is:"dumped in the bushes ??years ago,
rained on and filled with wasps and mud."  Please don't ask if it turns over.

Glen Byrns