[Spridgets] Morris Minor / Datsun 4 x 4.5 lug spacing

pdxpete pdx.pete at verizon.net
Sun Jul 13 13:54:59 MDT 2008

About using the Datsun 4 x 4.5 pattern on a Morris Minor

For what it is worth, I could have sworn I saw this done as part of a front
disc brake conversion on a Minor that was using a 210 back axle. (It was
probably a few years ago at an All British Field Meet in either Bellevue or
Portland.) If memory serves, a machinist had drilled the hub for the new lugs
in between the existing 4x4 Spridget pattern. The end result was a hub that
had both the 4x4 and 4x4.5 patterns. Again, if memory serves, the car owner
claimed not to have had experienced any problems.

I took a quick look for the pictures but haven't found them yet.