[Spridgets] Interesting observation

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Jul 10 18:18:14 MDT 2008

I started dismantling the 63 Sprite that I acquired a few weeks ago,
It is beyond restoring even by me. But it had a dash, the temp gauge
works, disc brakes in the front and Bugeye type rear shoes.
What I noticed while tearing apart the rear suspension was a
metal/rubber closer plate that sealed the hole where the leaf springs
come out of the spring perches.
I never saw these on a Bugeye, and I have replaced the spring boxes on 2
Bugeyes. But this MKII had them and the spring boxes are perfect. They
work! The car has no sills, no floors, and even the trunk floor rusted
into the gas tank but the spring boxes look like new. I never noticed
these pieces in any catalogs either. I would recommend these parts or
something similar made out of rubber to shield the dirt and grime from
getting into the spring hanger boxes.
Also if anyone wants a really rough MKII shell, come get it or the scrap
metal man will.
It is bad, no doors, no fenders, just a tub or what's left of a tub
after the tin worms had a feast for 20 years.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ