[Spridgets] Fuel take carbon and vapor filters

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Tue Jul 8 10:52:54 MDT 2008

> Can I eliminate the whole second fuel line mumbo-jumbo along with the
> carbon filter and vapor canister in the trunk of a 76 Midget?  I intend to
> use a single weber carb.

Yes, you can, but you have to make some provision for venting the gas tank.
I have drilled a couple of 1/8" holes through the metal plate on the inside
of the gas cap in th epast. Not visible from the outside and perfectly
effective. I suppose you could also get a replacement cap from a
pre-emissions Spridget or use the one from your Heavey Healey ;-)
Alternatively, you could vent the line that currently goes to the cannister
in the boot, but then you could wind up with fumes in the boot and a lovely
boot light switch that tends to spark... not the best of all possible
configurations.
David Lieb