[Spridgets] garage door

dmeadow at juno.com dmeadow at juno.com
Sun Jul 6 18:46:36 MDT 2008

Are you talking about the garage door itself malfunctioning or a garage door
opener?  If it was the opener, did it not have an electric eye safety system?
I just installed a neat opener made by Liftmaster.  It is their model 3800 and
it works by turning the bar above the door (called a Jackshaft type) rather
than the traditional type that pulls the door up.  You mount it to the wall
next to the door rather in the middle of the ceiling.  It is easier to mount
and doesn't clutter up your ceiling area, which was important for me as I have
a lift that a traditional style would have interfered with.
David

-- "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette at sympatico.ca> wrote:
Panic set in as I had the Midget pushed halfway out of the garage today, so
that I could get a ladder out, and the garage door started to close.  I ran
and pulled the string which I thought was the emergency stop and pulled it
right out and watched the door hit the windshield and bounce back.
Mentally, the blue words were flying.  There is some white paint on the
glass and everything else looked okay, but I didn't look closely, as I
wanted to calm down first.  The door had been acting up a bit and a new one
has been added to my to do list.
You are subscribed as dmeadow at juno.com

http://www.team.net/archive