[Spridgets] Bugeye original paint

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 2 23:25:19 MDT 2008

I don't believe that an original OEW 1954 XK120
looks the same 20 years ago as it did when it came off the.
production line.

I know with certainty that Oil Alkyd paint fades over time.
It is not a question of sun, but merely a matter of time in the oxygen.

So, I argue that when you matched with Sherman Williams Automotive
F10 A2276, you matched perfectly to an XK120 that had faded 30
years or so.

For this reason I don't think we can ever perfectly match.

And I defintely do not believe Leylend could match 1958 bugeye OEW with
Jaguar 1970 OEW.   For one thing I suspect the paint chemistry changed by
that time.

Finally which one of these is the correct OEW for XK120?
http://www.xkdata.com/gallery/results/?exterior=old+english+white

Some of those look like snow white to me, However these look different
http://www.xkdata.com/gallery/zoom/?id=35082
http://www.xkdata.com/gallery/zoom/?id=37198

Which one did yours look like?