[Spridgets] We Made It!

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Wed Jul 2 06:30:11 MDT 2008

> Lessons learned were about some minor changes we can make for the better
> on the next meet.
> Like teach most Spridget owners that there is a difference between a MKI
> Sprite and a 1500 Midget.
> I mean we just assumed spridget owners knew the difference between MKI,
> MKII, MKIII, etc.
> So PICTURES on the ballots should work next time.Or signs in front of
> the MKs. so people know what they are looking at.
> Lady's class trophys would have been nice.
> Oh yeah, I also learned that tequila can be good. Brad knows his stuff
> and has the good stuff.

Yeah, most of us know far too much about our particular favorite
mark and consider everything else a donor ;-) I think I can pick out
the different cars, but it would take too much effort to do that for each
car that I approached at a show just so I could vote. Therefore I
threw my ballot away and enjoyed looking at the cars. I liked the fact
that they were NOT arranged by MK, but that did not help the balloting.

Perhaps we should move away from rigid MK divisions in the classes?
MKII and III Sprites could be lumped together with MKI and II Midgets.
SWA 1275 Spridgets could be a class. Bugeyes need to be on their own,
of course, likewise RWA Midgets. a 1500 class to round things off and
you have 5 classes instead of the eight we used. Limit votes to first and
second, assign point values to a first-place vote and a second-place vote,
add the scores up and it will still be a mess that doesn't make anyone
happy.
Isn't that what car shows are for? I did like the "Best Modified Sprite" and
"Best Modified Midget" classes. Perhaps a vote for best blue car, best red
car, etc?

For that matter, there was an autocross class for cars under 1200cc.
Guess how many 948 and 1098 cars showed up? Mine. Trish
had a very respectable score with our 1098 Bugeye, but it loses
something when it is the only car in the class. Hindsight is always
20/20.
David Lieb