[Spridgets] Andy Seipos in Classic Motorsports

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sun Jan 27 16:45:55 MST 2008

I was wondering whether any of you guys read Andy Reid's column on page 29
of the current issue (March 2008) of Classic Motorsports. He starts out
explaining that, being 6'4" tall, there are a lot of cars that he would love
to own that simply are not comfortable. He goes on with a list of such cars,
including various Ferraris, Mercedes, Lamboghinis, pre-C5 Corvettes, Alfas,
Triumphs, MGBs, Miatas, etc. I was a little miffed that he hadn't bothered
to mention Spridgets. Then I got a couple paragraphs further and found this
bit of text:
"With the exception of the XK8 and XK Coupes, as a rule Jaguar sports cars
are too tight. Fortunately there are many other British classics that are
comfortable for me -- astoundingly the MG Midget and Austin-Healey Sprite
are on that list. (Note that I don't fit in the Big Healeys, Just the
Sprite.)"
Works for me ;-)