[Spridgets] Suburu question now VW

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Jan 29 22:36:19 MST 2008

The Jetta and the Passat are very different, in that department.  The
Passat's engine is positioned in the traditional fore & aft manner (and,
yes, much of the front end needs to come off for access to the timing
belt).  The Golf/Rabbit/Jetta engines are transversely mounted.  The
timing belt replacement on my Golf is, literally, only a bit more than
1/10 the cost of the same thing for my wife's Passat.
Bud Osbourne