[Spridgets] [Thicko] Suburu question

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 17:44:05 MST 2008

--- Bud Osbourne <abcoz at hky.com> wrote:
> list, by the way) of horrible, unspeakable problems
> with all Passats.

On an 04 or 05, a friend had the coil pack go almost
immediately, followed by 2 transmissions under
warranty. She was pursuing Lemon Law when I last saw
her 2 years ago. In 6 months of ownership she had been
able to drive the car for less than 1/2 the time. My
son's best friend's parents got a new 06 wagon to haul
their dogs, some crippling electrical problem right
away. When she got it back, she was waxing it and the
roof dented from pressure (she's about 5'5, 115
pounds). I read last year in Newsweek that VW was
losing money on every Passat sold since '02 due to
warranty repair costs. My boss's company car is an
Audi A6, he's on his 2nd without issue, and I kind of
thought they were sister cars.

Ron