[Spridgets] Speedo Cable Interchange

Timothy H. Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:45:12 MST 2008

Thanks again for the help folks! The cosmetically challenged cable
is, of course, the correct length. (Thanks, Peter, but what do those
cough drop guys have to do with LBC's?) Glen, I did try the heat
shrink suggestion, but the piece I have available was a bit too small
to slide over the small end. We tight hint. I bought a 4' section of
heat shrink tube directly from an electrical contractor supplier. I
paid about 1/4 the price of what others want when it is cut in 6"
lengths and packaged in a little bag and hung on a hook in your
favorite box store.
Thanks all!

At 02:44 PM 1/28/2008, you wrote:
>The speedo cable that came with my car when I bought it from the PO,
>touched the exhaust pipe sometime in its history and melted the
>exterior covering. It still works fine - it's just not "pretty" - and
>we know how important that is, don't we! (Otherwise Ed wouldn't be
>saving for six shooter door knobs!) <grin>
>
>I bought a barrel of MIdget parts from a cousin which included a
>speedo cable but it is 6 inches shorter. I see that M and VB have two
>cables - one for 1098 and one for 1275. I can't see why the extra
>length is necessary as the relative positions of the tranny and
>instrument are the same (I think). What's the list wisdom on using
>the short cable in a 1098 car?

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/