[Spridgets] (no subject)

shop at justbrits.com shop at justbrits.com
Mon Jan 21 19:25:23 MST 2008

<<True, but it weighed a WHOLE lot more than the SBC327 and did not rev as
well.>>

Mostly true David, But the one that was in my '60 Camino Rev'ed quite easily
and 10 grand came up VERY quickly<VBG>!!  The receipts that came with her
showed bored +.60, New stroker rods, hi comp pistons, roller rockers & 3/4
cam, ENTIRE rotating mass (-clutch disc) balanced and was painted
(beautifully!!) Chevy Orange.  The receipts did NOT say it was a Pony block
tho & the ID tag showed matching numbers from Build Sheet & Title!!!

Now as to how I found out?!?!?  Thru a timing chain about 40 thou miles later.
Got the new one on it on and tried to fire up.  Nada.  Re-checked EVERYTHING a
couple times.  Had 3 diff gents that were pro wrenches to check my work which
they said was correct!?!?!?!?    Looked at diff shop manuals NUMEROUS
times/editions/etc.!  All side I had done CORRECTLY.  Lived in Springpatch
(non-existent home where our Gov. SHOULD be) and had to do a Service call down
in Fairbury (100 miles south).  Chatting with the shop's wrench I spotted the
entire MotorWorks set and for grins pulled GMC volume out and in JUST leafing
thru found the Pony 326.

It is TIMED 180 degrees diff from the Chevy 327!!  Got home changed the chain
"location" and Veroom!!!!!  My 3 buddies ALL "slapped their foreheads with a

Freaky<G>!!

Ed