[Spridgets] Weights of wheels...

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Mon Jan 21 17:43:30 MST 2008

MWS?  Whut dat mean?  I replaced the "wires" on my '72 Midget, last
fall, with Daytons (painted, of course).  Beautiful wheels, and of very
high quality.  The only wire wheel alternate, here in the States, seems
to the Dunlops of India version.  I've been hearing that quality
control, on the D of I units, is somewhat questionable.
BTW, I'm running Michelin inner tubes, and Kumho Power Stars on them,
and have been very happy with them.
One thing that is sure to muddy the waters is that much of the extra
weight of the wire wheels is carried very close to the hub, where is
less of a factor in the "flywheel" effect, although in the "unsprung
weight" department, every ounce counts.
Bud Osbourne