[Spridgets] Weights of wheels...

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Mon Jan 21 16:07:35 MST 2008

> What I'm looking for is the difference in weight between Rostyle and
> knock-on Wire
> wheels..
> I've always assumed that the wires would have to be heavier because of the
> spokes...
> At least, that's what I told my boy -- the one with the 300Z turbo!!

However, even that is not REALLY what you are after. Problem is that the
wire wheels also suffer from more weight in the parts mounted to the car.
The splines on the hubs contribute additional unsprung weight beyond that of
the disk wheel mounting, even if you take the shorter axle housings into
account.