[Spridgets] Sprite/Midget Magazine

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Mon Jan 21 10:37:07 MST 2008

> Regarding some of the recent emails lamenting the position of Sprites and
> Midgets in the Big Healey and MG families, clubs, and magazines, there was
> a magazine a few years ago called Sprite/Midget that concentrated on just
> "our" cars. Unfortunately, it failed after a few issues. They also did one
> on MGBs with the same result.

Bob,
I subscribed to that magazine. It lasted over a year, because it merged with
the MGB version AFTER I renewed my subscription. It tried to do too much too
fast, IMHO. It wanted to be glossy and slick, but it did not want to put
much effort into the editing side of things. Anyone else remember the
infamous "cornhusker" article? It was a little too much eye candy and not
enough substance... What was the name of that chick in "The Last Open Road"?
Remember the late-night scene in Elkhart Lake? Sally something-or-other...

Whereas I do not feel that this particular rag did justice to the cause, I
also agree that the market is not ideal. An on-line resource and a few email
lists do a lot more practical good.
David Lieb