[Spridgets] UK guys, Scotland, small planes and less LBC content.

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 13:34:01 MST 2008

Well - I think there is a correction needed in your statement. I worked for a Company that made the fans or blades for air plane motors. They always referred to them fan # XXX depending on the pitch of the blades. The Company is in San Diego off Balboa - If i remember correctly it was called Turbo Mach. They were a division of Sundstrand Aviation. I supported Sundstrands Networks and facillities in  Arizona, Caifornia, Colorado, Navada and Washington State. So i guess they do call them fans when being made. I think in the 4 years i worked for them i went to most of there locations in the US.

  Vigil

Weslake1330 at aol.com wrote:
  A gas turbine is a gas turbine whether it drives a propellor a fan or just
produces thrust. Jet engines aren't called turbofans or turbothrusts so why
turboprops?

A turbocharger is not a turbine it is a compressor driven by a turbine.

Gee, ask a single question!!!

W E S L A K E 1330