[Spridgets] (no subject)

Michael Conn mconn19221 at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 17 08:42:52 MST 2008

Mike,

I absolutely agree with your comments about the Austin Healey Club magazine.

I'm pleased to be a member of the Club because I like to see my AN5 in the
booklet list.   This, in some way, promotes our "small Healeys".

I just quickly go through the Club's magazine looking for articles on "small
Healeys".   (I can only remember finding one about the High School ladies
who restored the AN5 which subsequently sold at auction for $24,000.00.)   I
sometimes find AN5's for sale, and like to read these advertisements.

When I've quickly gone through the magazine found no articles and read any
"for sale" advertisements, I put the magazine in the trash!

My wife has a name for my AN5: "Limey".   She tells me there are two reasons
for this name: (i) its appalling green color and (ii) before becoming a US
citizen I was a Brit, and Limey, of course, is  WWII US slang for a person
from England.

I recently wrote some erudite e-mails to the List with my views on talking
to spridgets, tetanus injections etc.   Did they help you in any way?

Michael