[Spridgets] Bugeye windows

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Mon Jan 14 16:37:04 MST 2008

Well, the logic is... sure, I could take a half rusted out POS Sprite and do
a half assed patch job on it... and drive it. But, a half assed job just
makes it more difficult to do right some day. So, then if you do it right,
you don't want to screw it up after putting all the effort & $ into it.

Also, patched together Sprites are pretty dangerous. Your already at a
disadvantage today, size, speed differential, mass, safety gear, visibility,
etc. Add to that something in crappy enough condition that I wouldn't mind
sacrificing it to the gods of road salt, then you have a car who's
structural integrity I'd question.

Also, a modern car is a commodity, a disposable tool (sort of like Horrible
Freight stuff...requisite Chinese content).When I buy a regular car, I
expect to sacrifice it to mileage, wear and tear, door dings, getting parked
at airports, decreasing value, etc. It's just factored into the cost of
living. The Sprite is entertainment. It's an investment of sorts (Depending
on model & condition). It's family. It's a source of camaraderie. Its
economical & fun to drive. Most of all, it's not just transportation.

I like Peter's idea of an MGB GT for a winter beater. There are tons of them
around, and you always can find many for sale.