[Spridgets] Cell phones and cars, you are missing the point

Weslake1330 at aol.com Weslake1330 at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 13:42:41 MST 2008

That's an interesting point and I''ll add the following observations.

If I'm driving quickly in my car with a passenger or in a real quick  car
(not my Sprite) with a passenger I can generally maintain a conversation on
quite difficult roads.  However, at particular demanding aspects of the  drive -
junction ahead, overtaking manouvere on a short stretch of straight road  I
will automatically cease to talk  and then start talking again once  whatever
caused me to stop talking has been passed or negotiated.

Second example is when I've been a passenger (quite often) with a pro  racing
driving in a really fast road or racing car (eg: British touring car  driver
in a GT40, rally driver in a rally car) where they will talk most of the  time
but often cease to talk mid sentence mid corner and then after the corner
carry on talking.

What do people with a cell phone do?  Are they so stupid that they  don't
realise they need to cease talking and concentrate on driving for a  moment?  Or
are they concentrating so much on their conversation they don't  realise they
need to concentrate on driving for a moment?

Weslake1330

In a message dated 13/01/2008 20:27:42 GMT Standard Time,  wmgilroy at gmail.com