[Spridgets] Kohler Int'l Challenge

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 13 13:29:22 MST 2008

I got my Road America schedule fridge magnet in the mail ths week and was
mentally checking off the races I want to attend this year.  When I got to the
Kohler Int'l Challenge, I wondered what ever happened regarding that
monumental f___-up on the start of the heavy metal race a couple of years ago.
Did anybody ever get the "official" blame?  Was any punishment meted out?

Also, isn't there something a bit distasteful about naming one of the
country's top vintage races involving many million-dollar-plus cars after a
toilet?  Can we go back to calling it the Brian Redmond Int'l Challenge -- or,
better yet, the Chicago Historic Races?

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup (Ute)

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."