[Spridgets] Big online / live auction

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 11 17:40:55 MST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Soave" <soavero at yahoo.com>
To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net>; "David Lieb"
<dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>; "Spridgets" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Big online / live auction

--- Larry Daniels <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Congratulations, David.  That reminds me of my 925
> mile get-acquainted ride
> home from Baltimore with my A60 Pickup

Same here with my Bugeye. Pre-cell days, no spares
except points, Louisville KY to Melbourne FL. I got
shot at in Macon GA (they hit a rear tire; a Bugeye
can go several miles on a at tire and you can dig out
the spare and change a flat in about 40 seconds in a
bad neighborhood when pushed), other than that it was
a great trip.

Ron

Yikes.  My trip was not nearly as exciting (?) as yours.  I only had to deal
with an oil leak from a loose banjo fitting on the oil filter head.

In fact everybody I had contact with was all smiles... except the two little
bastards that ripped off my gas cap while I was in a restaurant.  Maybe that
is the advantage of taking a (non-redneck) northern route?

Everybody should do a solo trip like that at least once -- and not in a
modern car that has little chance of breaking down in the next 50,000 miles.

LAD

(Flame suit on and zipped tightly for all you southern boys.)