[Spridgets] Yellow Sprit

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Fri Jan 11 13:14:46 MST 2008

I went down to the Secretary of State's office (on Lieb Avenue) during lunch
today and transferred the title and got my new plates. I am now the proud
co-owner of a 1960 Austin-Healey Sprit. I tried to convince the gal that
there is no such thing as an Austin-Healey Sprit, but the Nevada title said
"Sprit", so it is a Sprit. Maybe that is the lightweight version? I guess I
should be grateful that it isn't a "Spit". I pointed out that the form said
it was for a duplicate or corrected title, but she was adamant that she
could not correct it unless I had some form of absolute proof that it was
not a Sprit. Since I had not noticed that the title said "Sprit", I was not
prepared. Oh well, it may be the only Sprit in the state...
David Lieb