[Spridgets] Which one?

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Jan 8 21:39:52 MST 2008

So, I am buying a spare engine to play with and upgrade to the extent reasonable for every day street use and my limited knowledge and experience.  I am offered two engines by the same guy at the same price.

2CJ/D/H36677 (= 12CJ/Da/H36677 ?), a 1970-71 Sprite or Midget
This engine appears to be rebuilt, blue paint, very clean on top.  Turns easily.
He has never run it, and doesn't know its history or the nature of the rebuild.

2C/D/H21311 (= 12C/Da/H21311 ?), a 1967-69 Sprite
This engine was running "strongly" when removed from PO's car (a Crosley Hotshot)
He finished rebuilding the proper Crosley engine, so took out the Sprite engine.

Who likes what and why?

Michael Rowe
Long Island