[Spridgets] Welder, caution

Pat pelliott at innercite.com
Thu Jan 3 14:55:40 MST 2008

On a bit of a more serious note.  Think Sunburns and skin cancer. Any type
of Arc welding exposes you to all sorts of UV. Wear a heavy long sleeve
shirt or better yet a welding vest.  Cover more then just your eyes. Lots of
old welders got skin cancers on their throats, arms and chests.

 Once upon a time, I spent a full day welding some big stuff wearing a light
long sleeved shirt.  That night I had a neat sunburn all over my torso, You
could see the outline of the shirt cuffs on my wrists and the buttons
running down my chest, even where I had kept a few pens in the pocket.