[Spridgets] Welder, Ablolutely Green but I got one

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Thu Jan 3 09:27:53 MST 2008

Guys,

So now I have a new welder for my shop.  It is a Hobart 140 with the Mig kit
and a tank of argon/co2.  I have it all put together according to the manual
and I am ready to weld something.  I have a couple of projects in mind but I
want to get my feet wet with it on scrap first.  Question one:  what do you
use as a surface on your work bench under the pieces of steel to keep from
burning it up your bench?  I have a few 12 x 12 ceramic floor tiles that
might work??  I have read that you should "push" the tip rather than "drag"
the tip, sounds like it will get really hot that way, yes I have the gloves
and auto dimming hood.  I had intended to take a course at our voc. school
but they don't offer the course this semester.

Got 911 programmed in all of the phones!

Mark
Nashville
http://www.ArrestMeRed.com