[Spridgets] Spridget tow bar

bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com
Wed Feb 27 10:06:42 MST 2008

Does anyone have any thoughts about the geometry of this and the willingness of the front wheels to follow docilely?

I have used a tow bar many times over the years. They do work if you are careful, especially going around corners. Your best bet, however, would be a car dolly or trailer for the distance that you would be covering. Even more so if you plan all expressway driving.

The main problems with a tow bar are: the wheels remaining turned on the towed car after negotiating a sharp turn and the towed car will slide easily on a wet oily road. Don't know why as opposed to a dolly or trailer but I do know that it will happen. I used to tow bar my race car and it happened a couple of times. Never has happened with a trailer or dolly...

Hey, for $50 a day the dolly or trailer rental is a good idea.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye

PS - anybody need a 1975 shell?