[Spridgets] paint - lesson learned - no lbc

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 26 14:48:28 MST 2008

I learned today that old paint cans can leak.

I wish I hadn't learned that.

Open one old can.  It's all dried up.  Open a second and it's all dried up.
Open a third and it suits the job.  Paint the piece of wood that I wanted
painted.  Close can and place on top of 'workbench in progress'.  Leave the
scene and have lunch.  Forgot to clean brush.  Go back down to basement.
Where did that puddle of white come from?  ( about 6 inches around )  Look
up and see paint seeping out of the side of the can and dripping off the
edge of the bench.  Run and get one of the dried up paint tins.  Pull out
the dried up paint and place it in a plastic bag.  Pour paint into the now
empty can.  Paint around the base.  I was sure I didn't spill any!  I've
stopped pouring and the paint around the base is spreading and picking up
speed.  .   aaargh!  Thankfully it was latex.