[Spridgets] Front end gurus

Guy Weller guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 01:06:55 MST 2008

Frank,
I am not sure of the measurements, but jacking the
car up so that the front wheels hang down does
cause them to toe-in. If you think about the fixed
height of the steering rack, the ideal is that the
two track rods are horizontal with the rack. When
you raise the front of the car thetie rods point
downwards so the outer ends don't extend as far
from the centre line of the car. If they hung down
at an angle of 45 degrees you can visualise how
much the ends would come in from their level
position. They won't be as bad as that, but you
can get the idea.
Toe-in has to be set with the car standing firm on
level ground.

Wern't the early and late racks of different
lengths and used different tie rods? Maybe you
have gotr mis-matched tie rods with your rack?

Guy