[Spridgets] door hinge plate

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 20:43:33 MST 2008

Glen Byrns wrote:
>  I've never seen this area exposed and wonder if there's
> a better way?  How far below the bottom hinge hole in the nutplate is the
> actual edge of the plate?
Glen

I just did this on the 67. I cut a 3 sided square hole out of the inside
and folded the metal forward to access the lower hinge plate.
It's not so much the threaded plate as the little thing that holds up
the plate, it is most likey rusted.
Oh, you guys don't get rust in California ;) Maybe just mouse crap ;)
Anyway, my plate was rusted away or became one with the threaded plate.
I fabricated a new plate out of some sheetmetal. A few bends in the
vice, some drilled holes, You can do it if you see it.
Make the hole at least 3" x 3" and just cut 3 slots so you can fold the
panel forward, you need to get to the top and bottom of the hinge.
Fix, clean, rust proof, weld up the little door you made and hide it all
with the interior panel. I even did body work to my patch to fill in
welding voids.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ