[Spridgets] First Drive (67 Sprite)

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 19:55:42 MST 2008

Well most everything works good, and lots of things took a crap in it's
1.5 mile shakedown run.
Like the speedometer, it lasted .6 miles.
Fuel gauge reads "E" and it has 3 gallons of gas in it.
Signals worked at the first turn but not at any other turns.
I hope it's the flasher unit.
And a coolant leak out of the top of the thermostat stud?
It is oozing from the top of the washer on a stud, the nut is tight,
there is no burr, this is a new one on me. So I put some pipe dope on
the stud, seems to have fixed it. Any body ever see that?

My main concern is it looks like my camber is way out on the left front
wheel. It's leaning out at the bottom. No major accident damage on that
side, the other side did have a bent A arm when I took it apart.
So how do you make the wheel plumb? The front end is all new.
What would make the wheel visibly off kilter?
The only time I saw something like this was when I bought a set of
offset trunnion bushing, everytime I hit the brakes, the bushings would
rotate to the lowest point and both wheels would be way off kilter.
I do not have offset bushing in this car.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ