[Spridgets] Car Sales

Larry Macy, Ph.D. lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Fri Feb 15 11:02:13 MST 2008

So recently my wife bought a Rabbit from the local VW place. While I
was there I was looking at an Eos. Nice car. So I took one for an
overnight test drive (they shouldn't a done that ;-) 200+ miles later
I returned it and we talked about me buying it. I still had over a
year on my current lease and trading it in means I have to finance the
payoff on the lease. So I declined.

Roll into December and the dealership is have a close out sale on the
'07's. So they call me up and ask me to come in and talk to t them.
Well since we already had this conversation, I was reluctant. I had a
budget number I could not go over for payments. They already had all
my info from the last time so I told them to check it over and if they
could meet that number I would come down. If they could not, then do
not waste my time and theirs. They called back and said the finance
dude said they could make it. So I drive on down and after 30 minutes
of going over EVERYF'ING THING again the sales dude comes back with
the car (same one I put 200 miles on) "just to remind me what we were
talking about" and then proceeds to lay one a monthly payment the is
just over what I had said three days ago, but nearly $200 over. He had
written it on a piece of paper with a smiley face. I stopped him and
said Not happening. He said let me go talk to finance. So this other
dude comes in and I give him the whole story and he says" So you are
perturbed and I can't get past that" Damn Straight Skippy. So I walked
out with the salesman saying "I'll call you if something comes up"
Guess he like rejection.

Larry

--
Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy at bbl.med.upenn.edu
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

and
you're a fool for the rest of your life.